Wednesday, April 22, 2015

If a tree falls in a forest...

So we are all required to blog for the purpose of telling our classroom's story. Well, I understand that if I had a classroom. If I had a classroom then parents could read my blog to see what their child was doing in my class or maybe write about important events or things they need to know. It would be a digital form of communication tthat could be accessed at the click of a link. But I don't have a class or really even a set of students that I regularly see. So, then the story I would share would be more of a personal one, but this is supposed to be a professional blog.
It's kind of like if a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound? Well, we all would agree that yes it does, but doesn't that question even come up because there is no audience around? Therefore, why is a blog different? I know one would say reflection, but again that's more of a personal piece that many times I would prefer to be kept personal. It's just like our students. Don't we have them create and make projects for a specific audience? Isn't that part of the, "why should I do this" piece? Is some of that lost, if there is no audience, if nobody is actually reading your blog? The jury is still out on this...

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading! :) You're right, reflecting is personal. I think reflecting on our jobs helps others connect with us. Your STEM blogs are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete