Thursday, September 25, 2014

My 3 year old hates me

Ok, not really. But, I could see where I could be very frustrating to her. You see I'm a big believer in the growth mindset. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tracy-cutchlow/why-some-kids-try-harder-and-some-kids-give-up_b_5826816.html  I believe that I need to challenge my own daughter as well as my students and I understand that intelligence can be developed. I focus on making sure my daughter and students are being challenged and that they put in the effort needed to grow. So why does my 3 year old hate me? Well, because I will be there to pick her up when she fails, but I won't do it for her. I will tell her how proud I am of her effort not how proud I am of how smart she is. I think it's something that we can all do as parents and educators that can really make a big difference.

1 comment:

  1. It's all about building capacity in others. You're giving her roots and wings. The best balance there is.

    ReplyDelete